Installation of Operating Systems and Network Configuration
- Any computer system has an operating system.
- The user interacts with the machine via the operating system.
- An operating system (OS) is the software that provides an interface between the computer hardware and the application programs or users.
- An operating system is responsible for the management and coordination of activities and sharing of the resources in computer.
- The OS acts as a host for application programs that are run on the machine.
- As a host, one of the purposes of an OS is to handle the details of the operation of computer hardware.
- OS offers a number of services to application programs and users.
- Users may also interact with the OS by commands or using a graphical user interface (GUI).
- There are various types of operating systems, but all of them essentially perform the same functions.